Parents are treasure on this land and sooner than you think, that treasure will be buried. Appreciate your parents while you still can. Here are 35 ways to respect your Parents. If you love your parents please forward this to as many as possible contacts of yours.
1. Put away your phone in their presence.
2. Pay attention to what they are saying.
3. Accept their opinions.
4. Engage in their conversations.
5. Look at them with respect.
6. Always praise them.
7. Share good news with them.
8. Avoid sharing bad news with them.
9. Speak well of their friends and loved ones to them.
10. Keep in remembrance the good things they did.
11. If they repeat a story, listen like it’s the first time they
12. Don’t bring up painful memories from the past.
13. Avoid side conversations in their presence.
14. Sit respectfully around them.
15. Don’t belittle/criticize their opinions and thoughts.
16. Avoid cutting them off when they speak.
17. Respect their age.
18. Avoid hitting/disciplining
their grandchildren around them.
19. Accept their advice and direction.
20. Give them the power of leadership when they are
21. Avoid raising your voice at them.
22. Avoid walking in front or ahead of them.
23. Avoid eating before them.
24. Avoid glaring at them.
25. Fill them with your appreciation even when they don’t think they deserve it.
26. Avoid putting your feet up in front of them or sitting with your back to them.
27. Don’t speak ill of them to the point where others speak ill of them too.
28. Keep them in your prayers always possible.
29. Avoid seeming bored or tired of them in their
30. Avoid laughing at their faults/mistakes.
31. Do a task before they ask you to.
32. Continuously visit them.
33. Choose your words carefully when speaking with them.
34. Call them by names they like.
35. Make them your priority above anything.